Giving young theatre-goers with access needs the best theatre experience.
We work directly with Special Educational schools to ensure that children with disabilities are able to make the most of their time at Polka Theatre.
Polka are dedicated to improving access to theatre for all children, and we appreciate that extra care is need when organising a trip for a group with additional needs. This is a unique package which has been developed to ensure that all children have a fun and stimulating experience.
“A fantastic workshop pitched at exactly the right level for complex needs students involved.”
Through the Arts Access scheme, we provide:
- Pre-visit workshops to prepare children for their visit
- A social story pack of the show
- Post-show workshop in our Sensory Space
- Touch tour of the stage and actors for visually impaired children
- Additional assistance during your visit
Other opportunities include:
- One-off multisensory workshops
- Extended show-related multisensory projects with performance opportunities
- We also offer audio described and signed performances for schools
“The workshops and the show were such wonderful, positive experiences for our special needs children. They especially benefitted from the small group learning activities offered in the workshop. These were pitched at just the right level! Thank you! We will definitely be bringing back our children for future shows and workshops.”
We would like to thank our committed and current Access supporters:
The Carmela and Ronnie Pignatelli Foundation
The Patricia Routledge Charitable Trust