Be the star of the day and make magical memories with one of our stress-free party packages.
Let us put your child in the spotlight so you can join in the fun!
Please fill out the enquiry form linked below to enquire about our availability in our private room. For tea parties in the cafe, please email [email protected]
Polka Tea Party
- Reserved tables in the café for up to 10 children and 4 adults
- Party lunchbox for each child which includes: ham, cheese or jam sandwich, crisps or popcorn, Pip Juice Drink or Innocent Fruit Smoothie, a fruit kebab and a cookie
- To enquire please contact the cafe directly at [email protected]
Private Room Hire
Hire of our party space for 90 minutes, which includes:
- Room hire
- Tables and tablecloths
- “Virtual decorations” using our wall projectors to display a happy birthday message all around the room!
Catering, tickets to one of our wonderful shows and other optional extras can also be added – see below for more information.
- Party lunchbox for each child which includes: ham, cheese or jam sandwich, crisps or popcorn, Pip Juice Drink or Innocent Fruit Smoothie, a fruit kebab and a cookie (£9.80 per child)
- Tickets to a show (from £10 per person depending on production and ticket availability)
- Pre-order ice creams (£2.50 per person)
- Kids Activity Pack and Polka Souvenirs – an eco-friendly alternative to party bags, includes three crayons and 10+ activities, all packaged in a handy pack to take home with you and carry on the fun! Each child will also receive a Polka notebook and pencil to remember the day. (£4.00 per child)
Take the pressure off by leaving the party games to us!
A Polka drama practitioner will lead party games to keep those little ones entertained.
£150 for up to 20 children
£200 for up to 30 children
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring in my own food?
If you are opting for room hire only you are welcome to bring in your own food. Alternatively we can provide catering in our private spaces as shown in the “Optional Extras” section above.
Polka will be unable to provide crockery or cutlery for external food brought in.
Please note – only food purchased onsite may be consumed in the Polka Cafe (excluding birthday cakes)
Do you cater for dietary requirements?
Please inform us of any allergies, dietary requirements or intolerances and we will do our best to accommodate them.
Can I hire the private space for longer than 90 minutes?
Subject to availability we can offer an extension of the party hire time, please enquire for more information.
Can I hire out Polka for exclusive use?
We are unable to hire out our spaces for exclusive use during our public opening hours (9AM – 5PM Tuesday – Friday, 9:30AM – 5PM on Weekends). Enquiries for out of hours hires can be directed to [email protected]
How long do the games with the Polka Practitioner last for?
The games led by a Polka Practitioner last for 45 minutes, allowing for 15 minutes for children to eat (either at the beginning or end of the party). Please note – children must remain supervised by parents or guardians at all times, including when a Polka Practitioner is leading games or a workshop.
Can children be supervised by Polka Staff during the party?
Children must be accompanied by an appropriate number of adults (e.g. parents and guardians) at all times whilst on site, including during performances and during games with a Polka Practitioner.
Can I bring my own entertainer or equipment?
You are welcome to bring your own entertainer for use in our private room only.
Small equipment such as small games may be brought in, however we are unable to accommodate large equipment, such as bouncy castles, due to room capacity and health and safety restrictions. Please ask if you have any questions regarding this.
Can we use Polka's other facilities before or after the party?
You are more than welcome to take advantage of Polka’s Play Den, Playground and other spaces before or after your party up until the building closes.
Does the private room have a sound system?
Yes, our private room has a sound system which can be connected to via an auxiliary cord (provided by Polka), which may be connected to Apple or Android devices.
How much notice do I need to provide for a birthday party?
We recommend enquiring with at least 4 weeks notice for the best chance of availability.